Reg : add_request and add_target

priyanka palisetti

May 17, 2023, 7:49:09 AM5/17/23
to boofuzz
Hello,
As part of my thesis work, i have been using boofuzz(version: 0.4.1) to test a network protocol which has state transitions from a client and server system
The states are like :
  • Device (Boofuzz) sends a request packet to remote device
  • Then, remote device sends a reply packet and indication packet
  •  Device (Boofuzz) recieves and sends a confirmation packet.
    These are the sequence of states, and all these states are communicating using some UDP protocol. My goal is to fuzz test a specific state that comes from a device(boofuzz)  and by doing that, it shouldn't modify the other states flow. While conducting this test using boofuzz, i encountered few issues using the attributes add_request and add_target when i want to choose a specific state.

So, what is the best way to test this system with deep states? which attribute can be used to the session ?

Thank you.

STATES.png