session.connect and parallel fuzzing

Neet Patel

Aug 3, 2021, 8:38:23 PM8/3/21
to boofuzz
Hello,

I do not quite understand the the connect example in the Quickstart guide when using the FTP example.

1. session.connect(user)
2. session.connect(user, passw)
3. session.connect(passw, stor)
4. session.connect(passw, retr)

"When fuzzing, boofuzz will send user before fuzzing passw, and user and passw before fuzzing stor or retr."

Why are we calling connect multiple times and why are the calls all different? Could you please clarify this? And does the above line mean that each req is fuzzed sequentially?

Also, when we add a target to the session for parallel fuzzing, does this mean the same requests are going to be used but to a different connection? Is there a way we can parallelize the requests themselves by running multiple sessions in parallel with each session handle a single request?

Thank you.