Load images in android

Daniel Hernández

May 26, 2022, 6:06:10 AM5/26/22
to BoofCV

Hi, I want modify this class “https://github.com/lessthanoptimal/BoofAndroidDemo/blob/SNAPSHOT/app/src/main/java/org/boofcv/android/sfm/MultiViewStereoActivity.java”, to insert the images from a directory instead of using the camera images.

Any solution? thank you!

Peter A

May 31, 2022, 12:02:36 PM5/31/22
to boofcv
Hi Daniel,

I don't have any ready to go examples for that exactly. It might be easier to look up Android examples for scanning a directory for images, then combine that with the example code here. One bit of advice, shrink the images to something around 800x600 first. It doesn't scale well to 12MP or high images yet.

Cheers,
- Peter

On Thu, May 26, 2022 at 3:06 AM Daniel Hernández <dh35...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi, I want modify this class “https://github.com/lessthanoptimal/BoofAndroidDemo/blob/SNAPSHOT/app/src/main/java/org/boofcv/android/sfm/MultiViewStereoActivity.java”, to insert the images from a directory instead of using the camera images.

Any solution? thank you!

"Now, now my good man, this is no time for making enemies."    — Voltaire (1694-1778), on his deathbed in response to a priest asking that he renounce Satan.

Daniel Hernández

Jun 13, 2022, 6:23:40 AM6/13/22
to BoofCV

Hi Peter, first of all, thank you for your response.

But there's a problem, for example, in the method where the image is loaded "UtilImageIO.loadImage" uses a "BufferedImage" that is not available in android.

Any solution to this problem?