Inverted QR code sample image

Charlie Hayes

Feb 22, 2022, 10:47:24 PM2/22/22
to BoofCV
I was curious if the QR code samples included a malformed example which was inverted (black to white, white to black). I've seen these in the wild and some scanners have trouble with them. I checked out the latest samples referenced in the benchmark script but did not see one that was inverted.

Should be a relatively easy sample to replicate; grab an existing sample, invert the colors, done.

Peter A

Feb 27, 2022, 10:59:06 AM2/27/22
to boofcv
That edge case isn't handled explicitly yet. For now you will need to invert the image. In almost all situations, this is how you would do that:

PixelMath.minus(255, image, image);

Re-reading what you wrote, do you actually mean inverted should be added to benchmark images? Yeah I agree with that 100%. If you see any inverted images in the wild please take a picture and send it over. I've been collecting images for an expanded version of that benchmark.

On Tue, Feb 22, 2022 at 7:47 PM Charlie Hayes <cosm...@gmail.com> wrote:
I was curious if the QR code samples included a malformed example which was inverted (black to white, white to black). I've seen these in the wild and some scanners have trouble with them. I checked out the latest samples referenced in the benchmark script but did not see one that was inverted.

Should be a relatively easy sample to replicate; grab an existing sample, invert the colors, done.

"Now, now my good man, this is no time for making enemies."    — Voltaire (1694-1778), on his deathbed in response to a priest asking that he renounce Satan.