Preview of 0.38: SIFT Speed

Peter A

Mar 15, 2021, 1:09:38 PM3/15/21
to boofcv
Current SNAPSHOT includes a partial re-write of SIFT and it now contains more multi-threaded code. Runs about 2.8x than the old versions.

This was primarily motivated by needing to process a large number of images for training and testing the new image recognition code for loop closure. That's currently being trained and tested. The largest I've trained it on so far contains 10,000 images and I've used it to look up images from datasets with 1,000,000+ images.

FAST corners has been made concurrent. I'll add that to the benchmark later.

- Peter

--
"Now, now my good man, this is no time for making enemies."    — Voltaire (1694-1778), on his deathbed in response to a priest asking that he renounce Satan.