Quadrilateral Edge Detection

Harald Halbig

Oct 7, 2021, 2:28:09 AM10/7/21
to BoofCV
Hi,

we are evaluating ways to extract documents from an image on Android and would like ask whether or not BoofCV is able to do something similar as described here (although that example uses OpenCV): https://programmer.help/blogs/5cca5fb29048d.html

It would be great if someone with the appropriate knowledge could assess that.

Best regards!

Peter

Oct 14, 2021, 5:09:10 PM10/14/21
to BoofCV
Based on a quick glance at that example, there's a direct analog for everything they did in that example. There are a lot of ways to do document extraction. How easy/well it works largely depends on how many assumptions you can make. For example, you could estimate the background color then use a color histogram to filter out the background. I'm actually surprised this example worked as well as it did considering how noisy the line extraction step was.

Cheers,
- Peter