How to detect Apriltags from byteArray In Android kotlin?

Md Sabbir Ahmed Khan (Reyjohn)

Apr 11, 2023, 10:09:22 PM4/11/23
to BoofCV
Hi, I was trying to detect apriltags using this library, but couldn't find any samples for that. I am currently getting YUV data from camera stream as byte array and I want to detect Apriltags from that. how can I achieve that using this library?

Peter A

Apr 14, 2023, 9:19:02 AM4/14/23
to boo...@googlegroups.com
Sounds like the main issue is going from Android's Image format to a BoofCV format. This is handed for you if you use BoofCV's camera2 API. Now admittedly it's a bit dated. There's a new and modern fragment based API that's stuck in limbo as we need to figure out a way to build it that doesn't involve Android Studio.

Anyways, here's some internal code that does exactly that. (link)  Basically what you need to do is call ConvertCameraImage.imageToBoof which is a wrapper around the YUV converter.

Let me know if you need a more complete description.

- Peter

On Tue, Apr 11, 2023 at 9:09 PM Md Sabbir Ahmed Khan (Reyjohn) <sabbir.ahmed...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, I was trying to detect apriltags using this library, but couldn't find any samples for that. I am currently getting YUV data from camera stream as byte array and I want to detect Apriltags from that. how can I achieve that using this library?

"Now, now my good man, this is no time for making enemies."    — Voltaire (1694-1778), on his deathbed in response to a priest asking that he renounce Satan.