writting smaller sized videos

Andrew Kesner

Dec 15, 2023, 11:43:14 AM12/15/23
to Bonsai Users
I am capturing video with a USB camera and taking a sample every 50ms and using video writer set to 20fps. I am getting videos that look and play back correctly, with correct number of samples per video recording length. They issue is they are quite large files and I would like to collect smaller files. I suppose the most straght forward way would be to change settings in the videoWriter or some other node to downsample the frame resolution to some smaller value than whatever the native setting is for the camera.

I haven't been able to figure out a way to do this, and it seems like something that should be trivial, so maybe I am missing something.

Thanks for any advice!

Drew