multiple camera configuration (1 FLIR Blackfly S camera and 2 PS3 eye cameras)

Chi-Yu Lee

Feb 10, 2021, 11:19:56 AM2/10/21
to Bonsai Users
Hi everyone

I have installed a CL-Eye Test driver for PS3 eye cameras so the VideoCapture Device can recognise one of the cameras. However, only one PS3 eye camera can be recognised at a time.
I used to use CLEyeSource from CLEyeMulticam Library to run two PS3 eye cameras. However, after I installed CLEyeMulticam Library, either there is no CLEyeSource module or the workflow can not run the module anymore (under both Bonsai 2.3, 2.4 or 2.6).
Is there any way to work around this issue?

Best Regards

Chi-Yu

Gonçalo Lopes

Mar 14, 2021, 3:45:22 PM3/14/21
to Chi-Yu Lee, Bonsai Users
Hi Chi-Yu,

Unfortunately I don't think there is a workaround for this. The CL-EyeDriver is kind of closed and I believe it was limited to one camera via the DirectShow interface unless you pay for their multicamera driver. Using the low-level driver I believe it was possible to connect up to 2 cameras, but for more it might be necessary to access the full drivers.

Chi-Yu Lee

Apr 20, 2022, 11:04:18 AM4/20/22
to Bonsai Users
Dear Goncalo

Thank you for your reply! In that case, would the module VideoCaptureDevice still be working in the current Bonsai?
I installed the latest Bonsai 2.6.3 but could not figured out it which library to install to use this module anymore....(this module was the only thing that still works with the PS3 eye camera)

Best Regards

Chi-Yu