Allied vision camera not working with VimbaCapture

Philip Parker

Jan 31, 2023, 2:18:49 PM1/31/23
to Bonsai Users
Hello,

We have an issue while trying to set up our Allied Vision camera (model - Allied Vision 1800 U-240m). We installed the allied vision package (https://github.com/jordan-g/Bonsai.AlliedVision), the Allied Vision SDK, and are using the VimbaCapture node to try to access the camera data.

When trying to run the application this way we are getting a Runtime Error, "Camera.Open failed." The camera works fine with the native Vimba software. A similar issue is also mentioned here: https://github.com/bonsai-rx/bonsai/discussions/935. We tried starting Bonsai with the --noboot flag  as mentioned in the package, but this also did not work. The camera also is not accessible through other camera nodes (CameraCapture, VideoCaptureDevice).

We were wondering if one possibility could be the SDK version? For example, perhaps the Bonsai Allied Vision package was designed based on a specific version of the SDK that is deprecated?

Thanks!
Phil

Capture.PNG

brunocruz

Jan 31, 2023, 3:32:33 PM1/31/23
to Bonsai Users
As this is a community package, I would encourage you to post an issue in the respective GitHub repo to get more visibility from the author.