Bonsai.TeledyneDALSA not delivering images

Michael Graupner

Feb 13, 2023, 2:16:39 AM2/13/23
to Bonsai Users
Dear Bonsai-Users,

I am excited to set up Bonsai for our Closed-loop behavioral experiments. I am writing to you since I would like to ask for your help to get our Dalsa camera working.

I want to record with a Dalsa Genie Nano-M800-NIR camera in Bonsai. I have installed the Bonsai.TeledyneDALSA package and I seem to be able to access the camera with the "Sapera Capture" module, i.e., frame rate and exposure time are read out correctly from the camera. Also, launching an acquisition seems to engage the camera as indicated by the status light flickering on the camera. However, there seems to be no video stream arriving as the image visualizer remains white (also VideoWriter provides an empty file only).

Maybe related, I am not able to start Bonsai with the "--noboot" option. The software launches with the welcome screen but crashes when I chose a recent or new project. I do not get to the workflow interface with the "--noboot" option.

Do you have any ideas of how to get the video stream running? Might it have to do with the Sapera SDK version? We are currently running version 8.41.00.1955.

Thank you for your help in advance. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Michael

Michael Graupner

Feb 13, 2023, 2:19:11 AM2/13/23
to Bonsai Users
And here is how it looks like.

Screenshot 2023-02-10 174023.png

brunocruz

Mar 1, 2023, 4:45:59 PM3/1/23
to Bonsai Users

Hi!

We are making a push to move all discussions and Q&A to GitHub. As a result, I would invite you to copy your question there.

See you there,
Bruno