BQC Subscriptions 2021-22 - with a difference

Abhinav Dasgupta

May 2, 2021, 12:32:14 PM5/2/21
to Bombay Quiz Club, BQC Subscribers
Friends and Fellow Quizzers

Firstly, a wish that all of you and your loved ones are doing all right. These are unprecedented times, and as I write this, there is news of more quizzers and their immediate families getting impacted by the scourge that is upon us.

We did not ask for renewal of subscriptions last year, since we were not too sure we would be able to generate enough content in a completely online environment and also because the Mumbai Quiz Festival to which a lot of you had contributed had to be called off at the last moment. However, we managed to keep the show going on, hosting a quiz almost every week last year; and our 4 open online events - the History / Geography Quiz in October, E Pluribus Unum in January, XX Factor in March and the Eunice De Souza Memorial Literature Quiz last weekend - were widely attended by quizzers across the country and beyond. More importantly, we hope you - our subscribers - were kept enriched through the last few months by the quizzes we were able to share with you.

As we open up subscriptions for 2021-22 now, we are acutely conscious that a full-fledged MQF seems like a distant dream given where we are today, and that your subscription money is best utilised in dealing with the humanitarian crisis we are faced with. And so, the entire amount collected through your subscriptions for the month of May (and probably beyond that as well, based on how the situation unfolds) will be donated to an NGO working towards COVID relief. We will let all our subscribers know complete details of the donation once it is made.

The experience for you remains the same otherwise. You get all our quizzes on e-mail till March 2022, and also get access to our archives where you can access our past quizzes (at least those with links that are still active!). As always, the subscription for the year is Rs 1000 if you are a working professional or a post-graduate student (or above), Rs 500 if you are an undergraduate, and free of cost if you are in school (12th standard or below). You can transfer your subscription to the following account:

Bank - Axis Bank
Branch - Mahim, Mumbai
Name - Quiz Club Mumbai
Account Number - 914010035978364
IFS Code - UTIB0001243

Alternately (and for the first time), you can also scan the QR below:

image.png

Do note that you do not need to subscribe again if you fit into any of the following categories (ping me at the ID mentioned above if you want to verify):
  • You are a Life Member of the BQC
  • You contributed to MQF 2020
  • You paid the subscription for last year on or after 1 January 2021
Join us for another year of quizzing together. And while at it, let's make a positive difference together in our fight against COVID.

Abhinav Dasgupta
Treasurer, Bombay Quiz Club