ApplicationUpdaterUI worked in 1.5 not Air 2.7

mahesh

Aug 10, 2011, 4:48:42 AM8/10/11
to Bombay Flex Coders
ApplicationUpdaterUI worked in 1.5 not Air 2.7: -

I have followed below steps to make my project workable, but still I
am acing below issue:- Steps followed

1. Update your project to build with the Flex 3.5a SDK
http://opensource.adobe.com/wiki/display/flexsdk/Download+Flex+3

2. Overlay the AIR 2 SDK over your existing Flex SDK See this article:
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/495/cpsid_49532.html

3. Copy only the applicationupdater_ui.swc from the AIR 2 SDK over the
one inside the Flex SDK.
The applicationupdater_ui.swc can be found in /frameworks/libs/air/
applicationupdater_ui.swc
Get the AIR 2 SDK from here http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?e=airsdk
Copy the applicationupdater_ui.swc from the AIR 2 SDK over the one
inside the Flex SDK

4. Remove the reference to the Flex SDK applicationupdater_ui.swc from
the Flex project and add a new swc reference to the one in the AIR 2
SDK (this swc can be copied in a 'libs' folder directly into your
project).
Is there any setting changes need to be done or any work around for
the solution?

Environment: - Flex 3.0, SDK 3.5 and AIR SDK 2.7

Reason : Our current project (age of project 3-years) is build on Flex
3, SDK 3.0 and AIR 1.5 and we are planning to make it compactable/
migrate with Flex 3/Flex 4, SDK 3.5 and AIR 2.7(Latest) where we don’t
have to change much code, which will help us to make our application
functionality more faster.