Site Checklist page...

Dan Vis

Jun 7, 2020, 8:13:28 PM6/7/20
to BoltWire
I've pretty much finished the site checklist page, and decided to post it to BoltWire instead of in the core distribution, though the site page there does have a link to it.

For various reasons:

1) Makes it very easy to update as needed.
2) Allows for comments and feedback.

If you want to check it out, please take a peek here. Feedback welcome.

I'm continuing to find new things to fix. Today I completely rewrote the bullets markup code in an effort to fix some bugs that popped up. Much cleaner code, and better output both. Guess my programming has improved a bit! Tomorrow I will probably eliminate the info and index site.auth pages. They were clumsy workarounds to protect member data that are no longer need with our new mbase system. Rather will just rely on view authorizations to access those vars. Want to explore the implications of that just a bit more...

I'm also thinking about what else to add to the core, if anything. A basic blog or forum plugin might be nice. These are currently in my list of pro modules, but it would be nice to get some starter pages out there. I'm also inclined to remove the rss skin from the core, as it requires the rss pro module to work.

Expect another release in a day or two. Definitely getting close to wrapping up this round of development!

Cheers,
Dan

PS. I was quite happy to be able to follow the Checklist step by step and setup a decent barebones site in about half an hour...