BoltWire 7.05

Dan Vis

Jul 2, 2020, 4:47:07 PM7/2/20
to BoltWire
Hi all,

I've been really busy these last couple weeks upgrading my own main production site to BoltWire 7.xx and it was a bit of a process. Partly because of unanticipated issues in BoltWire, and partly because of things I needed to update on my site. But I've made it through all of that and today's release is a big step forward as a result.

In fact, I dropped the button for 6.04 from the main downloads page (there's still a link) as I'm increasingly confident 7.05 is a good solid release. That is, I'm no longer considering it "beta". I'd strongly recommend updating if you are on the 7.xx wagon train now... It's worth it! I have not yet released a 6-7 conversion fixer script yet, but that's coming, hopefully soon. I wrote one for my site, but it was a non standard installation already, so it won't work for you...

On another note, I'm promoting our new webhosting service on my main site primarily for ministry focused websites at this point. You can check out the details if you are interested (http://fast.st/launch) and even apply if you have a good project. I'm not really accepting commercial projects at this point, but wanted to at least mention it to the readers here.

Plus, the info there gives an idea what specs I'm envisioning for this, when it does go live at BoltWire. Feel free to ask questions, as something similar will be coming to BoltWire in time.

Another bonus for us here, is that having a team of live ministries all building and using BoltWire side by side should speed up development of our BoltWire community and help polish our software & plugins even further.

The response to the offer so far has been positive. I'm just one or two shy of my cap, with enrollment closing tonight at midnight. May still make it! But either way, I'm excited...

That's all for now!
Dan