Yes, hard to believe: 7.04 is out!

Dan Vis

Jun 8, 2020, 8:55:00 PM6/8/20
to BoltWire
Guess I'm on a roll these days. Just released 7.04 with quite a few significant changes and tweaks.

In addition to a couple bug fixes, and some fairly big code rewrites, I've finally got the Site Checklist up and running (on BoltWire) with a link to it in the Site Admin area. And equally important, I've added rudimentary blog and forum capabilities to the core.

Probably the last features I'll be adding for awhile. Declaring a light feature freeze to focus on debugging and refining the user experience.

There was one security issue in one or more of the last couple releases if you created a new site using our start.php: it didn't set the correct $BOLTadmin variable in the index.php page of your site. Please manually inspect this file to make sure it is set to "admin" and not "1000". If so, please change.

In addition to that being a security issue, it also potentially caused some operational issues.

Cheers,
Dan

PS. Coming soon, an upgrade script, and then moving on to our pro modules and our hosting service!