v7 installation

mz

Aug 12, 2020, 9:55:28 AM8/12/20
to BoltWire
I have two hosters. On the one the installation runs out of the box. On the other that I know it is problematic I create a field with start.php, but the url returns an internal server error.

The fields are created in a folder side by side with boltwire.
The success url of start.php returns an internal server error.

I tried to redirect the url directly to field folder: mydomain.com/field
When that field folder contains an index.html this file is found.
When I call the url without any page name (just mydomain.com) I get the welcome page.
When I call the mydomain.com/welcome I get an internal server error.
Obviously I am not able to perform any actions.

I suppose the cleanUrls docs are outdated.

Greetings, Martin

Dan Vis

Aug 12, 2020, 12:15:55 PM8/12/20
to BoltWire
Does the error message say anything specific?

Can you do something like: mydomain.com/field/index.php?p=welcome

Normally there is a .htaccess file in the field that redirects mydomain.com/welcome to the url above. If your server settings are blocking that .htaccess file you would have to access the correct url directly...

Hard to know without seeing more. I assume you looked in the folder to make sure all the files and folders needed were created? I would think this happens as soon as you get the actual welcome page, or you wouldn't get that page, so I don't think it's a permissions problem.

Unfortunately I'm not great with apache and can't tell you what might or might not be blocking the .htaccess, if that's what is the issue. But the suggestion above could check that...

Cheers,
Dan

mz

Aug 12, 2020, 12:28:02 PM8/12/20
to BoltWire
Update:
In this case it is better not to point the url to the field folder.
What works is: pointing the url to the folder which contains BoltWire and fields.
Then use htaccess to redirect the url to the field.

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^(.*)mydomain\.com(/|$) [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /myfield/index.php?p=$1 [QSA,L]

Now you can edit your site. But BoltWire keeps rewriting all links to "mydomain/myfield/xxx".
To get rid of /myfield/ in BoltWire I shortened $fieldURL in index.php of the field to
$fieldURL = dirname("https://$_SERVER[HTTP_HOST]");

As I said, that hoster is problematic.

Greetings, Martin

Dan Vis

Aug 21, 2020, 5:32:27 PM8/21/20
to BoltWire
Did you know you can create a custom init file for the start file? Just make a copy of init.txt in the main boltwire directory and name it myinit.txt. Then change it to whatever you want. Now when you use the start menu, it will use your init file as the base instead of the default init file.

Will that work for you?

Cheers,
Dan

PS. I'm not sure what's happening on that server, but I don't think I want to change the core script, as it seems a bit convoluted... Especially if the workaround above solves the problem. :)