Templates in Version 8

jacmgr

Jul 7, 2022, 10:17:05 PM7/7/22
to BoltWire
resurrecting's an old site. It has a lot of templates as file i.e. template.sometemplate.  BWV8 does not seem to find the template files in the pages folder.  Should they be somewhere else?  For example inline template as shown in the docs works, here is docs example:

[(list bob,mary,sue,dave template=profile)]

/*
[[#profile]]
[(template first)]Welcome to my profile report!
[(template each)]{+p}
Phone: {~:phone}
Email: {~:email}
Address: {~:address}
[(template last)]Printed <(time %x)>
[(template none)]No records found...
[[#end]]
*/

That page correctly outputs using template.

BUT if you  remove the inline template and create a file template.profile with the template code; then  the output is just "profile" which indicates it cannot find template.profile.

Thoughts?

Dan Vis

Jul 8, 2022, 11:46:16 AM7/8/22
to BoltWire
Try changing the page names of template.profile to code.template.profile. And see if that doesn't work.

There is a tree app in site.tree that can change all of them lickety split. I think the goal was to keep as many different "code" type pages as possible together in one page hierarchy.

I think that will fix it. Optionally, you can specify in the list the exact page: ie template=template.profile

Cheers,
Dan

Climb higher in your walk with God...

jacmgr

Jul 8, 2022, 5:36:57 PM7/8/22
to BoltWire
Thankx.  Tried and These both work like you said:

For templates named "template.somename":
use exact name of template:    template=template.profile  works.    ( template=profile does not work)

For templates named "code.template.somename":  template=profile WORKS.

That resolves my questions Dan; thanx.