New Version of BoltWire

Dan Vis

Sep 24, 2020, 3:58:25 PM9/24/20
to BoltWire
I've just released version 7.09 with lots of nice fixes and tweaks. I give a hearty recommendation to upgrade, though there was a change (fix) in the way info var auths works, so you might need to read that section of the changelog very carefully before uploading and make sure your site is not affected.

Some of the bigger things:

* A new member conditional (to tell if an id is a member)
* Huge boost to speed on searches (for big sites)
* Big improvements to indexing including a new mode for doing comments.
* Link indexing and tagging both fixed and working again.
* Improved site creation user experience, and more...

Just this week I completed the Accelerator platform (well almost), and that has driven most of the changes and improvements to the core these last few months. Getting all the pro modules to work forced me to check all sorts of things I don't always use personally, and really put the core to the test. I'm thrilled with how well BoltWire is handling things!

That also means this may be the last big 7.xx version, at least for awhile. I'll keep tweaking and polishing as needed, but I think we're more or less got things where we want them. Now it's just updating the docs a bit. Finally, some stability!

The real news is the pro modules--which are coming along really well. Everything is done and working (still testing things a bit). You can check out the docs ("Pro Modules") for more information about what the accelerator platform is all about. It's pretty impressive.

I may even be able to open up the hosting service sometime soon! If you're eager, let me know...

Cheers,
Dan