Partial solar eclipse, 25-Oct

Ross Wilkinson

Oct 25, 2022, 9:49:15 AM10/25/22
to Bolton Astronomical Society
Did anyone else see the eclipse today? For once, the clouds dissipated in time to see the action from Bolton!

I'd set up my TS70ED refractor in the garden, from where it could just see the Sun over the top of the hedge - note where the line of the shadow is near the bottom of the tripod legs:
2022 eclipse viewing.jpg

And I was talking with Bill in Horwich, where he and Keith had the Coronado set up and saw some impressive prominences as well as the eclipse.

mike.schaffel

Oct 25, 2022, 3:02:23 PM10/25/22
to Bolton Astronomical Society
Ross,
I managed to get a few shots including this one I've posted on Flickr

MikeS