Canon Camera recommendations

mike.schaffel

Apr 18, 2022, 3:37:13 PM4/18/22
to Bolton Astronomical Society
Looking to Upgrade from my Canon 700d (after I damaged the USB ports). I use the camera for both general use (landscape) and astrophotography. I've narrow the search down to the following and looking for any other recommendations or experiences with these two cameras:-

Canon 800d - APS Crop sensor DSLR
-Pros
  1. 2nd hand prices between £410 to £470
  2. Wifi connectivity
  3. Existing lens
-Cons
  1. 2nd hand can have high shutter count.

Canon RP - Full frame mirror less
-Pros
  1. There has been a few good deals around £960
  2. Full frame
  3. Wifi connectivity
  4. Existing lens (with Adapter)
-Cons
  1. Few negative comments in reviews, mainly around the video feature
  2. Requires Lens adaptor for existing lens
  3. CR3 Raw format not widely supported by a lot of Apps