Simón Bolívar Satellite to Take Off in 2008

T&T Venezuela Bolivarian Solidarity

Aug 4, 2007, 6:35:07 AM8/4/07
to Venezuela Solidarity@Google
During a seminar organized by the Venezuelan Foundation of Seismic Research in Caracas, the Venezuelan Science and Technology Minister, Héctor Navarro, stressed the progress of the Simón Bolívar satellite’s launching project as he explained hat it is aimed at optimizing Venezuela’s telecommunication services.

“Right now we are putting the finishing touch regarding the distribution of the frequencies we are going to use in Venezuela,” said Navarro.

He pointed out that infrastructure works and the installation of antennas are underway. Two bases will guarantee this satellite’s operation; they will be located in El Sombrero (Guarico state, located right in the middle of the country) and La Gran Sabana (Bolívar state, Venezuela’s South).

Navarro recalled that the satellite will be launched and activated in August or September 2008. Likewise, he said that it is designed to improve telecommunications in Venezuela; in addition, it has a capacity to offer its service from the Caribbean to South America.

Finally, he highlighted the progress of agreements aimed at the technological training of Venezuelan professionals in India, Russia, Belarus, Uruguay and Argentina.

Some of these agreements seek the training of professionals in agricultural, telecommunication and computer industries.