Venezuela Boosts Energy Cooperation with Guyana, Jamaica and Grenada

1 view

T&T Venezuela Bolivarian Solidarity

Aug 13, 2007, 9:17:17 AM8/13/07
to Venezuela Solidarity@Google
The Venezuelan Vice- minister of Foreign Affairs to Latin America and the Caribbean, Rodolfo Sanz, travelled to Guyana, Jamaica and Grenada in order to promote cooperation and integration with these governments, within the framework of the III PETROCARIBE Summit, to be held in Caracas in August.

During the tour, Mr. Sanz held a meeting with the President of Guyana, Bharrat Jagdeo and the Prime Minister of the nearby country, Samuel A. Hinds, in order to revise the cooperation agenda between both nations.

Likewise, he informed that the construction of electric generators will be supported by oil funds.

In addition, “we have ratified the disposition of the national government to cancel the $ 8 million-debt that Guyana still owes Venezuela. We will formally hand over the document during the next PETROCARIBE Summit.”

Mr. Sanz also informed that they discussed about the collaboration for the dredging and the construction of civil works that avoid inundations in Georgetown, Guyana.

Later on, the Venezuelan officer met the Jamaican Minister, Portia Simpson, in order to revise bilateral cooperation issues.

“We are just about to build the Bolivarian Cultural Center in Jamaica and we analyse aspects concerning oil supply,” Mr. Sanz stated.

According to the press release issued by the Foreign Trade Bank (BANCOEX Spanish acronym), the tour continued to Grenada where the Venezuelan officer met with the Prime Minister Keith Mitchell in order to analyse the cooperation agreements endorsed.

“We have signed agreements with Grenada for the ending of houses in the Bolivarian Villas and the building of urbanism of this important work including 100 houses built by the Bolivarian government of Venezuela.”

“We also studied the possibility of progressing in some productive projects such as the widening of banana cultivation in Grenada and the tourism sector to have Venezuela as its main market,” he said.

“We have helped and cooperated as much as we can and we want to have a more productive stage,” Sanz stated.

Finally, Rodolfo Sanz pointed out that his tour “has been undoubtedly successful since it reinforces his tour to Belize, Cuba and Haiti.”

“The tour has been helpful to reinforce cooperation, revise projects, make the balance of the joint work, as well as personally ratifying the invitation that President Chávez made to the Prime Ministers of the Caribbean countries to attend the PETROCARIBE Summit, which will be a success.”