2010 Group Read Schedule - Starts on January 16th - Ends June 19th

1 view

ReadingTPA

Jan 4, 2010, 8:32:53 PM1/4/10
to bolano-l
An updated schedule in the Files Section of this Group. It's broken
down by the parts of the book. Each part has a week where the reading
is a little lighter. This allows us to both stop at the end of each
part and have a little extra time to catch up if we get behind.

Hopefully this will work for everyone and we can start on January
16th. In the mean time we can post articles, get familiar with each
other, or do whatever to keep the conversation going between now and
the start date.

If you can't see the file, try this link to my shared Google doc of
it. It's a pdf file so you don't need anything but Adobe Acrobat to
open it:

http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B0tM36vY9BvTODYzYTUxMDMtOGFmMy00MDlhLWJlNGYtODFmZjZlNWQwMGQ3&hl=en

Happy Reading!

Scott

ScottyJ

Jan 5, 2010, 11:13:09 PM1/5/10
to bolano-l
Thanks! I guess this is as good a thread as any for introductions?

My name is also Scott, but you can call me Scoot if so inclined. I
found out about Bolano during Infinite Summer and read The Savage
Detectives in October or November. I really, really enjoyed that and
have heard a ton of great things about 2666 so I am super stoked.

I don't know how much I'll be able to add to the conversation as I
don't know a lot of book things, but I read a decent amount and will
try to add my input when I feel it's good enough or pertinent or
something.

On a personal/spam note, I run a net label called Great Friends
Records where you can get free music my friends and I have made!
http://www.greatfriendsrecords.com. This is the last you'll hear of
it, just wanted to put it out there. Also if you want, I'll put our
music you've made unless it's really awful.