Question to JUGgies - do you want to see job postings?

Sriram Narayanan

Dec 26, 2014, 11:41:27 AM12/26/14
to bojug
Hi folks:

For several years, we list moderators have been rejecting job postings. In fact, the reason we've kept all mails (including our own) as moderated, is so that we have human oversight over spam.

Now, I've been seeing a lot of job postings by various recruiters. Some of these recruiters have been lurking on the mailing list for some years, and they then start to post.

My questions to mailing list members :

1. Do you want to see job postings?

2. Do you, as a list member, want to post about job openings in your or your client organizations?

3. Do you think it's OK for recruiters to post about Java or programming related jobs?

4. Do you have any views on the above or related?

-- Ram

Syed Shahul

Dec 27, 2014, 2:20:27 AM12/27/14
to bo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ram,
I think as long as moderators verify and post, it make sense to me, to do so.

Thanks,
Syed Shahul.

singh.janmejay

Dec 29, 2014, 10:39:48 AM12/29/14
to bo...@googlegroups.com

Please don't allow job postings.

--
Regards,
Janmejay

PS: Please blame the typos in this mail on my phone's uncivilized soft keyboard sporting it's not-so-smart-assist technology.

On Dec 26, 2014 10:11 PM, "Sriram Narayanan" <srir...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi folks:
>
> For several years, we list moderators have been rejecting job postings. In fact, the reason we've kept all mails (including our own) as moderated, is so that we have human oversight over spam.
>
> Now, I've been seeing a lot of job postings by various recruiters. Some of these recruiters have been lurking on the mailing list for some years, and they then start to post.
>
> My questions to mailing list members :
>
> 1. Do you want to see job postings?

Preferably not.

> 2. Do you, as a list member, want to post about job openings in your or your client organizations?

No, the list should be focused on tech rather than jobs.

> 3. Do you think it's OK for recruiters to post about Java or programming related jobs?

Preferably not.

> 4. Do you have any views on the above or related?
>
> -- Ram

Sakthivel Thangasamy

Dec 29, 2014, 10:39:53 AM12/29/14
to bo...@googlegroups.com
Hi
Group administrator could check for the options, if we can create another child emailid like bojug...@googlegroups.com, and we could use that for job postings purpose. Without affecting the main group email threads.

Thanks & Regards,

Sakthivel Thangasamy,

Excellence is a drive from inside, not outside.

dharmendra sahoo

Dec 29, 2014, 10:40:01 AM12/29/14
to bojug
Yes...

Thanks
-Dharmendra

Subhrajyoti Majumdar

Dec 29, 2014, 11:28:33 AM12/29/14
to bo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ram,

I think this may divert the primary purpose of the forum

Thanks & Regards

Subhrajyoti Majumdar
Phone: +91-7795539551

Sathish Kumar Thiyagarajan

Dec 29, 2014, 12:30:17 PM12/29/14
to bo...@googlegroups.com
I think it is ok to allow job postings. below are the benefits

  1. We will have more users joining in.
  2. Since the job posting are relevant(Java Specific) and monitored by Technical people members will be benefited.
If not at least we shall allow freshers opening alone. this might help students who practice java to get right job.