Ruby on Rails Pairing

Derek Keller

Oct 10, 2011, 2:30:57 AM10/10/11
to Boise Ruby Brigade
Hey guys, sorry to bombard the board here with inquiries - but my
previous request has slightly morphed. As mentioned, my name is Derek
Keller, and I'm with Highway 12 Ventures (www.highway12ventures.com),
a local venture capital fund with $100M under management. I've spent
the last 6 years or so coding HTML and CSS, but only last year started
in Ruby, and then subsequently the Rails framework.

I'm basically looking for a Ruby on Rails developer I can pair with.
Literally me just selecting a small component of an app I'm trying to
build, and both of us sitting down on a few screens and cranking
through the code for a few hours each session. This isn't an "start to
finish" coding project, it's literally just me looking to further
expedite my learning curve in Ruby on Rails and having a developer to
help me better connect the dots where possible (as opposed to relying
strictly on books and tutorials which I've been doing rigorously).

If you're interested, or have any suggestions or other individuals I
should contact, please pass me a note at: de...@highway12ventures.com.

Thanks,
Derek

--
Derek Keller
Associate | Highway 12 Ventures

John Conti

Oct 10, 2011, 10:28:53 AM10/10/11
to boi...@googlegroups.com
Derek,

I haven't replied because basically I am in the same boat as you. I am however an experienced programmer in many languages. Which helps mostly ;-)

We may still be able to help each other. Maybe we can get you further down the road toward completing your project? Coffee maybe, to talk it over some more?

Best,
John

John Conti

Oct 10, 2011, 10:30:09 AM10/10/11