[ANN] MountainWest RubyConf 2012 Registration Open

Mike Moore

Jan 25, 2012, 5:27:43 PM1/25/12
to boi...@googlegroups.com
The 6th MountainWest RubyConf is now open for registration!

Some of MWRC's sessions include:

* Gary Bernhardt from Destroy All Software on using cyclic patterns in our industry for your benefit
* Jamis Buck from 37Signals on small, littler-known things that will make you a better Rubyist
* Yehuda Katz on how to manage our growing reliance on the less-mature world of Javascript
* Steve Klabnik on why what you know about REST is wrong, and the future of web APIs
* Angela Harms on how to un-suck pair programming

...and many other topics and speakers that we found fascinating, and think you will too. We've packed so many smart speakers and people into the same room that it's guaranteed to make your brain hurt - you know, in a good way. You can see the full list here:

Not only that, but this year we have added a full day of workshops after the conference. These 3-hour, hands-on sessions are a great way to deepen your understanding of Ruby. And they are a great option if you are looking for some training for your entire team, because like the conference the workshops are super affordable.

MWRC 2012 is a two-day single-track Ruby conference held on March 15-16, 2012 in Salt Lake City, Utah. After 5 years we've learned what makes the kind of awesome conferences we want to attend: a conference for hackers by hackers. And this one looks like it's going to be our most awesome yet. And it's still just $100. But you ought to register soon, because we keep the conference small and we tend to sell out earlier each year.

Can't wait to see you there!

~Mike Moore

Gregg Irwin

Jan 31, 2012, 3:39:08 PM1/31/12
to boi...@googlegroups.com
A small lumber company in Boise needs to replace an old Paradox (for
DOS) app that they use to generate quotes. If anyone is interested,
contact me directly for a draft spec. I'm acting as a liaison, to make
connections, but you would contract with them directly for the actual
work.

-- Gregg

Eric Floerchinger

Feb 1, 2012, 12:54:06 PM2/1/12
to boi...@googlegroups.com

Gregg,

I'd love to see if this is a project we can submit a bid for. Please send me the spec. Our shop does exactly this sort of development.

Thanks!
-Eric Floerchinger
Project Zen Online