[ANN] MountainWest RubyConf 2012 CFP Extended

Mike Moore

Jan 9, 2012, 12:57:14 PM1/9/12
to Boise Ruby Brigade
MountainWest RubyConf's CFP is still open, but is closing this Friday, January  13. This is your last chance to get your conference session or workshop proposal submitted. We are looking for more workshop submissions.

MountainWest RubyConf 2012
March 15-16, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah

Thanks!

Brian Loomis

Jan 9, 2012, 12:59:03 PM1/9/12
to boi...@googlegroups.com
Mike I've been working with the ExactTarget API and had to make a fork of the savon gem to deal with ET's nonstandard soap envelope.  Would that be useful to present solutions around working with Soap and exact target?

--

Brian Loomis

Mike Moore

Jan 9, 2012, 1:14:03 PM1/9/12
to boi...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 10:59 AM, Brian Loomis <brianl...@mac.com> wrote:
Mike I've been working with the ExactTarget API and had to make a fork of the savon gem to deal with ET's nonstandard soap envelope.  Would that be useful to present solutions around working with Soap and exact target?

Submitting a proposal couldn't hurt! And if it isn't selected you can always do a lightning talk on it. I know I've had to deal with the pain of SOAP in the past, and I've got a feeling I will feel that pain again in the future...

If anything, I'd love to discuss it with you. Curious what led you to chose Savon over soap4r or Handsoap.

Brian Loomis

Jan 18, 2012, 9:59:21 AM1/18/12
to boi...@googlegroups.com

I had another idea also to speak on the difference between SDD, SRS and SFS documentation on larger projects.  It's not particular to Ruby but I've never seen these specifications outlined at any conference I've attended.

--

Brian Loomis

Mike Moore

Jan 18, 2012, 10:32:57 AM1/18/12
to boi...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 8:59 AM, Brian Loomis <brianl...@mac.com> wrote:

I had another idea also to speak on the difference between SDD, SRS and SFS documentation on larger projects.  It's not particular to Ruby but I've never seen these specifications outlined at any conference I've attended.

Yeah, the CFP is closed. Expect a schedule announcement and registration to open soon.