Suggestions for document updates to Client Configuration page

Darrell

Jun 12, 2019, 7:10:42 AM6/12/19
to boin...@googlegroups.com

On the "Client configuration" page [https://boinc.berkeley.edu/wiki/Client_configuration]:

"...BOINC Manager has a dialog for editing the logging options. Thie may..."
suggest
"...BOINC Manager has a pop-open window for editing the logging options. This may..."

"...Access this dialog by selecting Event Log Diagnostic Flags from the Advanced menu or by pressing CTRL+Shift+F simultaneously on the keyboard in either the Advanced View or the Simple View (Command+Shift+F on a Macintosh.) ..."
suggested
"...Access this dialog by pressing CTRL+Shift+F (Command+Shift+F on a Macintosh) simultaneously on the keyboard, or in the Advanced view, by clicking "Options" on the menu, then clicking "Event Log options"..."

"...you select the Advanced / Read config file menu item..."
suggested
"...first save the file and then 1) restart BOINC or 2) in the Advanced view menu you click the "Options" then click the "Read config files"..."

Under the <proxy_info>

"[ <no_proxy>list of hostnames for which proxy not used</no_proxy> ]"
suggested

"[ <no_proxy>comma separated list of URLs not to be used</no_proxy> ]"

Sincerely,
Darrell Wilcox

Drink This Before Bed, Watch Your Body Fat Melt Like Crazy
Diet Insider
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3132/5d00dda6ea65c5da64282st04vuc
SponsoredBy Content.Ad

Joaquim Carrapa

Sep 26, 2023, 9:02:28 AM9/26/23
to boinc_doc
Dear experts!

I'm looking for the simplest way of limiting the number of max tasks running
in BOINC in Windows.
I'm using this contact because I find no other way around.

I see no configuration file cc_config.xml in the BOINC folder.

I'm NOT going to create with notepad a configuration file from scratch as I'm
a basic user.

I hoped there could be a default configuration file so that I could edit it in
the right place/places with the max task number of my choosing.

Could you please help me ?

Best regards,

Joaquim Carrapa

Vitalii Koshura

Sep 26, 2023, 9:42:15 AM9/26/23
to Joaquim Carrapa, boinc_doc
Hello Joaquim,

In the BOINC Manager you can change any value (e.g. 'Options' -> 'Event log options') and this file will be created with the default values (including the one you change from the BOINC Manager).
This is the simplest way to get this configuration file created.

Best regards,
Vitalii Koshura