Live help via skype

Peter Shane

Aug 12, 2015, 10:47:44 PM8/12/15
to boinc_doc
Reference A: BOINC Documentation on Help - http:boinc.berkeley.edu/help.php

I believe that reference A is missing information how to find a BOINC Helper on Skype once the Skype software is downloaded and installed.

Please review the reference and if it is justified add the following after "once the Skype software is downloaded and installed":

"Following installation of Skype, type in the "search" option: BOINC Help.  From the list of helpers select one that suits you and click "Add to Contacts".
Once contact has been accepted by the volunteer helper you can contact him via video call when he is online or leave a message via the Internet Message (IM) box."

Or words to that effect.  Note that the rest of the options are to contact a helper via email and not via Skype.  I am not sure at this stage weather it is my browser or not, but when I select English to look for a volunteer helper all I get is Ads how to fix a PC etc.

Peter Shane (Cruncher Pete)
BOINC Critique

Peter Shane

Aug 20, 2015, 10:16:32 PM8/20/15
to boinc_doc
Any comments, or should I just go back to sleep?
Peter.

Peter Shane

Oct 16, 2015, 1:58:26 AM10/16/15
to boinc_doc
I do not understand.  Why do you create a List that you have no time reading or the courtosy to reply to a post...  My message is now two months old and no reply.  A waste of time trying to help.