Is skype support still a thing?????

Andrea Marzadori

Feb 27, 2023, 5:56:24 AM2/27/23
to boinc_admin
Is the skype support still a thing? Shouldn't it be dropped in favor of the BOINC boards??
It should be removed from the wiki... Skype is 00s thing lol

David P. Anderson

Feb 27, 2023, 1:49:21 PM2/27/23
to Andrea Marzadori, boinc_admin
Skype support allows real-time, one-on-one technical support,
which message boards do not.
The age of Skype isn't relevant.
-- David

Andrea Marzadori

Feb 27, 2023, 2:57:48 PM2/27/23
to David P. Anderson, boinc_admin
Ok, fair point, the age of skype is not relevant.
But 1on1 support has some big disadvantages. For example, while messages posted on the board are forever, skype support is ephemeral.
I hope that whoever makes decision for BOINC project, would look at FaH support page, and ask theirself if 1on1 support is essential for BOINC or if it scares "normie" users.

Vitalii Koshura

Feb 27, 2023, 4:20:16 PM2/27/23
to Andrea Marzadori, David P. Anderson, boinc_admin
I don't believe there are a lot of people who use Skype support, and 99% of questions are asked and answered on forums.

I don't see any issue here.

Пн, 27 февр. 2023 г. в 20:57, Andrea Marzadori <marzador...@gmail.com>:
--
Best regards,