Outreach for Virtual BOINC Workshop 2020-21

Matthew Blumberg

Aug 31, 2020, 11:18:12 AM8/31/20
to boinc-tea...@googlegroups.com
Per the email below, we're looking for volunteers to help produce and manage the upcoming Virtual BOINC workshop.  I write to ask teams if you'd be willing to share this  "Call for Volunteers" to your communities -- as a news item, forum post, twitter post, etc.

In case useful,
Thanks & best wishes,

...Matt

From: Matthew Blumberg <m...@picador.net>
Date: Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 10:38 AM
Subject: Virtual BOINC Workshop 2020-21 - Call for Volunteers
To: <*>

In light of the cancellation of the 2020 BOINC Workshop in Marburg, Germany, we are organizing a virtual celebration of BOINC projects, development, and community. As with all things BOINC, we need your help -- the BOINC community -- to produce the event.

The event will include introduction information for people unfamiliar with distributed computing and BOINC, presentations and updates from projects, developers, community organizers, leaders, and members, along with tutorials, workshops, and educational material on BOINC development and use.

We are still in the planning stages,  and need your help to make the best possible event, reaching the most people. The date is still to be determined, but we expect it to take place sometime this winter.

Please get in touch if you would like to contribute; specific areas of need are detailed via the links below.