New member needs help !

Pierre Poulin

Mar 2, 2021, 2:53:19 PM3/2/21
to BOINC team founders
Hi everyone. I became "founder" of my team yesterday.
(einstein@home Québec)

I created a forum for the members without problem but I also sent a message to all members with cc to me and haven't received it in 24 hours.
There's no message mailboxes where I can check if it was sent.

I'm I missing something ?

Is there a delay before a new 'founder" can send messages ?
Is there a delay to have these messages revised by a moderator before thy're sent ?  Or is it likely a glitch and I should try again ?

Anything elese I need to know as a newbee ?

Thank you

Pierre

Kevin Beglan

Mar 2, 2021, 6:43:37 PM3/2/21
to boinc-tea...@googlegroups.com, Pierre Poulin
Hi Pierre,

Wish I could help you out - I don’t know  too much about it.  Good luck!

voidxor

Mar 2, 2021, 6:43:37 PM3/2/21
to BOINC team founders
Hello, Pierre, and welcome!

I'm new here too, and Einstein@home is my home project. While I can't speak to your question about a delay or about a moderator review, I can offer one important possibility that you haven't referenced. In your Einstein privacy settings, ensure "Is it OK for Einstein@Home and your team (if any) to email you?" is set to "Yes".

Good luck,
voidxor

Alex Piskun

Mar 2, 2021, 6:43:37 PM3/2/21
to boinc-tea...@googlegroups.com
Hello Pierre,
I just tried sending a team email at Einstein and received an email and was able to reply back. After you sent the message to the team, did you see a message in blue background "Sent your email message to xx team members."

~Contact

--
Message has been deleted

Tony Coleman

Mar 2, 2021, 6:43:37 PM3/2/21
to boinc-tea...@googlegroups.com
You should ask in Einstein's forums. I want to say they may have that disabled to prevent spamming but my mind is cloudy.

Pierre Poulin

Mar 2, 2021, 7:09:16 PM3/2/21
to BOINC team founders

Thank you for the replies.

My privacy settings do allow emails with team members, so unfortunately no solution there.

I did see the confirmation box after clicking send message (and cc to me also clicked)

I retried again today, got the green confirmation box saying email was sent to group and nothing, no replies, no cc.

I'll try the einstein forums.

Thank you all !

Pierre

Pierre Poulin