Storing Data on External SD

Spencer Martin Navarra Chew

Apr 2, 2016, 9:44:07 PM4/2/16
to BOINC Android Testing
Instead of having BOINC Android use limited Internal Storage, I suggest an option to move the App Data to External SD.

BOINC is currently consuming 300+MB of my ~11GB Internal Storage, when I have a perfectly good 64GB SD card in my device.

Sony Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact LTE (16GB)
Android 5.1.1 Lollipop

Artur Stanek

Apr 24, 2016, 1:41:18 PM4/24/16
to BOINC Android Testing
+1

Seke Rob

Apr 25, 2016, 2:47:31 PM4/25/16
to Artur Stanek, BOINC Android Testing

AFAIK there's a Android enforced security reason why only core memory is used and not an external SD. NativeBOINC allowed to change this, but it is not maintained and does not install on 5.0 and above.

--SekeRob

(Sent from Nexus 7-4G - 2013)