Android kills Boinc

Danoj

Oct 16, 2018, 5:27:25 AM10/16/18
to BOINC Android Testing
On Android 9 Boinc is killed after 15 minutes. I think Android Doze kills the app. I've turned of battery optimization for Boinc, but it still happens.

And Boinc doesn't autostart in Android 9.

Nicholas Littlejohn

Oct 22, 2018, 6:17:23 AM10/22/18
to BOINC Android Testing
That's no good. Have you emailed the BOINC contact via the app? We could also bring it up on Google forums.

NODEraser

Oct 22, 2018, 1:01:11 PM10/22/18
to boinc-andr...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately, there hasn't been anyone developing the Android app for
over two years now. I'm sure the number of issues will continue to
increase as the Android operating system continues to go through new
versions and the features utilized by BOINC are no longer supported or
changed in ways that make the apps misbehave.
> --

[Greg Bennett]
-Independent Carpenter, Electrician & Lighting Designer
-Purveyor of Classic Apple & Macintosh Gear
http://www.hsiprodsvcs.com/
http://www.macshack.us/