Query: BOINC client and task completion

Kam-Yung Soh

Sep 28, 2016, 9:33:23 PM9/28/16
to BOINC Android Testing
Just curious to know, but does the Android BOINC client take into account how much of a task it left to do when deciding which task to run?

For example, on my phone, I have set up BOINC to run on one CPU, 50% of the time.

It is currently about to finish workset A (97% completed) with a deadline of 6 October. It then downloads workset B and C which also happen to have a 6 October deadline.

I disconnect my phone from the charger to go to work then reconnect to a charger to let BOINC continue.

Instead of finishing up workset A (my expectation), it started working on workset B instead, leaving A unfinished.

Wouldn't it be better for BOINC to finish up workset A first before starting on a new workset, despite them having the same deadline?

Regards,
Kam-Yung