BOINC 7.4.43 for Android

Rom Walton

Apr 15, 2016, 3:47:28 PM4/15/16
to boinc-andr...@googlegroups.com, BOINC Alpha

Howdy Folks,

I’ve updated BOINC on Android to version 7.4.43.

This release contains the following changes:

·         Updated Localizations

·         Upgraded to OpenSSL 1.0.2g

·         Upgraded to LibCurl 7.48.0

It should start showing up on your devices within a day.

It will be promoted to a production release barring any new issues with the client within a week or two.  So if you see anything new or weird, please speak up and email this email list.

Thanks in advance.

----- Rom

Jord van der Elst

Apr 15, 2016, 10:21:57 PM4/15/16
to Rom Walton, boinc-andr...@googlegroups.com, BOINC Alpha
"It should start showing up on your devices within a day."

Uhm, how am I to read that? Does the Android client auto-update itself?
If all is well this version shouldn't be available (yet) through the Google Play Store. So isn't the only way we can get it via the link at https://boinc.berkeley.edu/download_all.php or https://boinc.berkeley.edu/dl/ ? (And then have to set up the device to allow installations from untrusted locations)

-- Jord van der Elst.

On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 9:47 PM, Rom Walton <ro...@romwnet.org> wrote:
Howdy Folks,

I've updated BOINC on Android to version 7.4.43.

This release contains the following changes:

*         Updated Localizations

*         Upgraded to OpenSSL 1.0.2g

*         Upgraded to LibCurl 7.48.0

It should start showing up on your devices within a day.

It will be promoted to a production release barring any new issues with the client within a week or two.  So if you see anything new or weird, please speak up and email this email list.

Thanks in advance.

----- Rom
(near bottom of page) enter your email address.

Rom Walton

Apr 16, 2016, 12:41:01 AM4/16/16
to Jord van der Elst, boinc-andr...@googlegroups.com, BOINC Alpha

The Google Playstore will auto update the BOINC client to 7.4.43 if your PlayStore account has been setup for access to the ‘beta’ channel…

If you are on the ‘boinc-andr...@googlegroups.com’ email list, you presumably have already completed that step.

----- Rom