12/15/2018 @ SCRIPPS CANYON & HMCS YUKON - 7:00 am

BlueOcean DiveClub

Nov 21, 2018, 10:40:20 AM11/21/18
to bod...@googlegroups.com
Hello Again!!  So today is announcement day...

Rod & I will be on the Marissa Sat, Dec 15 for the Scripps Canyon/Yukon boat trip.  Can't make the White Whale, why not join us for a whale of a boat dive?  Can make the White Whale, why not do both?  ONLY 8 SPOTS REMAINING - SIGN UP FAST!

8df08b_00db35e3ec0945aa872429ea3275d8de.jpg
Scripps Canyon & HMCS Yukon Wreck
2 Dive Trip
October 06, 2018
7:00 AM - 2:30 PM

Click Here to Return to Calendar Page

***LIMITED LOAD TRIP***

**Advanced Open Water Certificate or greater required.**

SCRIPPS CANYON

Scripps Canyon is a deep canyon off of La Jolla.

HMCS YUKON - DEPTH ~70ft - 105ft

HMCS Yukon is a 366' Canadian destroyer escort. The San Diego Oceans Foundation acquired, cleaned, and prepared her for her second life as an artificial reef. In June of 2000, the Yukon unexpectedly went down the night before her planned sinking. As a result of her unplanned descent, she now lays on her Port side in about 100' of water. Her deck lies between 65'-75’. There are large cutouts that were initially set up for divers to penetrate safely. However, since she now rests on her port side penetration is not recommended unless you are properly trained and certified to do so. The Yukon is a large ship and will take several dives to become acquainted with. Sea life is abundant on this wreck. As you descend you will see the characteristic blacksmith and señorita fish. Her sides and deck are blanketed with large white sea anemones called Metridiums. If you have a Primary light, bring it, the colors will really pop out! While on the wreck you may encounter sea lions, harbor seals, rockfish, large crabs, and several species of perch, and bass. Diving the Yukon is a great way to scuba dive San Diego, and Marissa Charters is here to give you that experience!

Diver Seat (8 remaining)  $135.00

Liz

Blue Ocean Dive Club SD

www.bodcsd.com

blueocean...@gmail.com

BlueOcean DiveClub

Nov 21, 2018, 10:42:57 AM11/21/18
to bod...@googlegroups.com
CORRECTION!!  The announcement body and web page say Oct 16.  That was the original date.  This trip has been rescheduled for Saturday - December 15th.

rod.t...@yahoo.com

Nov 21, 2018, 10:53:03 AM11/21/18
to bod...@googlegroups.com, BlueOcean DiveClub
Also have a 2 tank kelp trip on the 9th of December.   It's an 1130 boarding so you can sleep in.  Still have 11 spots available.

Adrienne Loder

Dec 4, 2018, 12:51:51 PM12/4/18
to BlueOcean DiveClub, bod...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I just want to check with you on Stuart’s boat dive. I’m a little confused. Is his dive still happening on the 9th or is it moved to the 15th? I’m recovering from back spasms so I’m crossing my fingers and hoping I can still make it.
Please confirm the dates.
Thanks!
Adrienne