Train GMM-UBM with multi core of CPU

Nguyễn Cẩn

Feb 12, 2018, 5:09:38 AM2/12/18
to bob-devel
I'm training ubm by:

gmm = bob.bio.gmm.algorithm.GMM(number_of_gaussians=2048)
gmm.train_ubm(features)

During training, bob.bio.gmm just use one core of my CPU.

Have any way to make bob.bio.gmm use all of my CPU's core?

Thanks.

Tiago Freitas Pereira

Feb 12, 2018, 7:14:21 AM2/12/18
to bob-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nguyen,

We have an open merge request to approach this in https://gitlab.idiap.ch/bob/bob.learn.em/merge_requests/16, but so far no time to implement it.
Sorry for that.

We do have this parallelization (map-reduce) implemented via `verify_gmm`. Have a look here https://www.idiap.ch/software/bob/docs/bob/bob.bio.gmm/stable/parallel.html.
(you would need to have your data organized as a database (https://www.idiap.ch/software/bob/docs/bob/bob.db.base/stable/index.html))

Cheers

--
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups bob-devel group. To post to this group, send email to bob-...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to bob-devel+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/bob-devel or directly the project website at http://idiap.github.com/bob/
---

Tiago