Running baseline experiments

teodors...@gmail.com

Feb 15, 2021, 12:51:58 PM2/15/21
to bob-devel
Hi all,

I am trying to re-run some baseline experiments with bob.bio.vein; following the bob installation manual and the bob.bio.vein user manual. All packages installed today:

bob.bio.base 4.1.1 py37h429d433_0 https://www.idiap.ch/software/bob/conda
bob.bio.vein 1.1.6 py37hb65c608_0 https://www.idiap.ch/software/bob/conda
bob.blitz 2.0.22 py37he321874_0 https://www.idiap.ch/software/bob/conda
bob.core 2.2.6 py37hc915dd5_0 https://www.idiap.ch/software/bob/conda
bob.db.base 3.0.5 py37hae936bb_0 https://www.idiap.ch/software/bob/conda
bob.db.utfvp 3.0.5 py37ha57cb9b_0 https://www.idiap.ch/software/bob/conda
bob.extension 5.0.1 py37h90fc0ef_0 https://www.idiap.ch/software/bob/conda
bob.io.base 3.0.9 py37h7eb2220_0 https://www.idiap.ch/software/bob/conda
bob.io.image 2.4.6 py37hb74f875_0 https://www.idiap.ch/software/bob/conda
bob.io.matlab 2.0.17 py37h45ace47_0 https://www.idiap.ch/software/bob/conda
bob.ip.base 2.2.6 py37h17be0c1_0 https://www.idiap.ch/software/bob/conda
bob.ip.color 2.0.16 py37hc915dd5_0 https://www.idiap.ch/software/bob/conda
bob.learn.activation 2.0.16 py37hc915dd5_0 https://www.idiap.ch/software/bob/conda
bob.learn.em 2.1.6 py37hebb3141_0 https://www.idiap.ch/software/bob/conda
bob.learn.linear 2.1.8 py37h9ef7247_0 https://www.idiap.ch/software/bob/conda
bob.learn.mlp 2.1.12 py37hc915dd5_0 https://www.idiap.ch/software/bob/
conda
bob.math 3.1.7 py37hc03608f_0 https://www.idiap.ch/software/bob/conda
bob.measure 4.2.2 py37h1f324fa_0 https://www.idiap.ch/software/bob/conda
bob.sp 2.0.16 py37h97cac3c_0 https://www.idiap.ch/software/bob/conda

However, with installed packages bob.bio.vein and bob.db.uftvp, I can't execute the baseline experiments, e.g.:

bob bio baseline vanilla-biometrics uftvp mc -vv -c
and get an error:

ImportError: The given command line option 'vanilla-biometrics' is neither a resource for a 'baseline', nor an existing configuration file, nor could be interpreted as a command (error: name 'vanilla' is not defined)

After further reading of bob.bio.base docs, I got a hint that I should install bob.pipelines, but such package is not available for installation with conda:

PackagesNotFoundError: The following packages are not available from current channels:

  - bob.pipelines

Current channels:

  - https://www.idiap.ch/software/bob/conda/osx-64

  - https://www.idiap.ch/software/bob/conda/noarch

Although I can find the package in gitlab, its documentation is not available.

Have I missed anything? Is there any way how to run baseline experiments without building the desired packages locally?

Best,

Teo

Tiago Freitas Pereira

Feb 15, 2021, 1:46:44 PM2/15/21
to bob-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Teo,

This is still a beta version of Bob that we are working on.
If you want to adventure on that, create a new conda env installing the packages from our beta channel.

Example of command line
`conda create --name adventure --override-channels -c https://www.idiap.ch/software/bob/conda/label/beta/ -c defaults python=3.7 bob.bio.vein bob.bio.base bob.db.utfvp`

Check the documentation of `bob.bio.base` here: https://www.idiap.ch/software/bob/docs/bob/bob.bio.base/master/index.html and
the bob.pipelines here: https://www.idiap.ch/software/bob/docs/bob/bob.pipelines/master/index.html

Cheers

--
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups bob-devel group. To post to this group, send email to bob-...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to bob-devel+...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/bob-devel or directly the project website at http://idiap.github.com/bob/
---

--
Tiago

teodors...@gmail.com

Feb 16, 2021, 6:27:16 AM2/16/21
to bob-devel
Dear Tiago,
Great, thanks; I completely forgot about the beta channels!

Best,
Teodors