bob_rppg_base_compute_performance.py

Camilla Penzo

Aug 19, 2020, 11:16:23 AM8/19/20
to bob-devel

Hi,

first of all, thank you for making this package public!

I am trying to use the part that calculates the heart rate from the BVP. On your documentation you say you can do this with the file bob_rppg_base_compute_performance.py, but I am not able to find such file anywhere in your git code. Is there a way to generate it?

Thank you for your help!

Best wishes,
Camilla

Guillaume Heusch

Aug 20, 2020, 4:35:06 AM8/20/20
to bob-devel
Hi Camilla,

Thanks for your interest in our work.

Indeed, this file does not exist, but is generated when installing bob.rppg.base with conda (see https://www.idiap.ch/software/bob/docs/bob/docs/stable/install.html)

If bob.rppg.base is installed on your environment, then the script should be available directly from command-line.

FYI, the file actually implementing the script is located here: bob/rppg/base/script/compute_performance.py

Hope this helps
Guillaume

Camilla Penzo

Aug 21, 2020, 5:05:30 AM8/21/20
to bob-devel
Hi Guillaume,

thank you for your reply!

I have created the environment and installed the bob.rppg.base package as in

Now I can reach the script bob_rppg_base_get_heart_rate.py from command line (without the ./).

I took the config.py file from

and when I run:
bob_rppg_base_get_heart_rate.py config.py -vv
I get:
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'bob.db'

Do I have to install other packages?

I am actually trying to measure the heart rate from a blood volume pulse signal (i.e. count peaks) in the same way you are doing. And then I would also like to run your chrom implementation (I get the same error when I run the implementation: No module named 'bob.db').

Thank you very much for your help!

Best,
Camilla

guillaum...@gmail.com

Aug 24, 2020, 2:20:27 AM8/24/20
to bob-devel
Hi Camilla,

The error you get is indeed linked to a missing package (in this case, this should probably be bob.db.hci_tagging if you copied the configuration file given as example).

How did you compute the BVP in the first place ? Which data did you use ? Actually, this package was meant to be used on either the Manhob HCI-Tagging or the COHFACE databases (as described here: https://www.idiap.ch/software/bob/docs/bob/docs/stable/bob/bob.rppg.base/doc/index.html)

Normally when using bob, you should either use the database package we provide for the aforementioned databases (but be sure to get the raw data first), or if you recorded your own data, you should write a corresponding bob.db package (see documentation here https://www.idiap.ch/software/bob/docs/bob/docs/stable/bob/bob.db.base/doc/index.html).

Best,
Guillaume