extractor and preprocessor templates

Y Wang

May 13, 2021, 3:24:54 AM5/13/21
to bob-devel
Hi,
I'd like to write my own extractor (I have model locally) and preprocessor, but I checked the code in the gitlab, and I cannot understand them. It seems there are many APIs, and there is no documentation about how to write them.
Do you have any template or do you have any files that explain the code? Thank you

Manuel Günther

May 13, 2021, 8:41:21 AM5/13/21
to bob-devel
There is documentation available at several levels. The source code in GitLab itself is not the best reference to start. You should rather consider to read the online documentation first.
For general biometric recognition experiments, you should carefully read the documentation here: https://www.idiap.ch/software/bob/docs/bob/docs/stable/bob/bob.bio.base/doc/index.html
On how to create your own extractor or preprocessor, they should be implemented as transformers: https://www.idiap.ch/software/bob/docs/bob/docs/stable/bob/bob.bio.base/doc/vanilla_biometrics_intro.html#transformer

Manuel