OCT 04 GOTA 2 MeshFest ARES/RACES training

wb2...@gmail.com

Aug 12, 2014, 7:39:23 PM8/12/14
to boar...@googlegroups.com
Want to learn about how mesh networks can support our emergency communications work? Need help getting started with HSMM-Mesh (http://www.broadband-hamnet.org/)? Want to find out if that old WRT54G router can be reborn as a High Speed MultiMedia (hsmm-mesh) network #emcomm node? Do you want to try out that Ubiquiti (http://www.ubnt.com) router? Only have one node and no one to mesh with? :(

Join a gang of "Elmers" for a mesh training event! We'll be learning about how mesh systems can support our emcomm activities, and helping people get their routers working with Broadband-Hamnet firmware!
Where: Fire Services Building, 6820 Webster Street, Landover Hills, MD 20785
When: 04 October 2014, 0900-1300L
What to bring:
-Your own laptop (Mac, Windows, or Linux) and power cord
-1 or more Linksys/Cisco WRT54G version 4 or less (please see the shopping guide on www.hsmm-mesh.org) routers with wall-wort(s), or bring a compatible Ubiquiti router.
-1 cat-5 (or cat-6) patch cable
-Optional: power-squid or power strip to make sharing power easier, Windows machines should have a ssh/sftp client like PuTTY installed, bring extra routers to share, trade.

wb2...@gmail.com

Aug 19, 2014, 12:08:43 PM8/19/14
to boar...@googlegroups.com
The GOTA/Meshfest has been moved to October 18, 2014 at the same time and same place.  Please RSVP via: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/gota-2-mesh-prince-georges-aresraces-training-update-tickets-8342626019

tnx es 73 de wb2ifs/3