Boa update

Marcus Adriano

Jun 7, 2017, 9:47:27 AM6/7/17
to Boa Language and Infrastructure User Forum
Hi guys!

I'm started with a small research this year using Boa Language and infrastructure and I'll like know about future features and update of the Boa's dataset, is it will happen?

Thanks for any answers.

Robert E Dyer

Jun 7, 2017, 9:57:37 AM6/7/17
to boa-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marcus,

Thank you for your interest in Boa!

We have been very busy adding new features to the language to aid researchers with program analysis and machine learning.  We are hopeful these features will be included with the next dataset release.

As far as a dataset release goes, we recently started focused efforts on that.  We are hoping to add more programming languages (other than Java) to the data as well as updating to the latest data on GitHub.  At the moment I do not believe we have set any actual deadline for this release, but my personal goal is to have that happen sometime late summer.

If there are any specific improvements or features you are interested in, please let us know!

Best Wishes,
- Robert

--
More information about Boa: http://boa.cs.iastate.edu/
---

Robert Dyer | Assistant Professor | Department of Computer Science
BGSU | rd...@bgsu.edu | 419.372.3469 | 244 Hayes | Bowling Green, OH

Want to mine ultra-large-scale software repositories with minimal initial
investment? Check out Boa! http://boa.cs.iastate.edu/