No output for jobs submitted via the client API

Tianyi Zhang

Jul 13, 2017, 8:12:25 PM7/13/17
to Boa Language and Infrastructure User Forum
Hi,

I am using Boa client APIs now but encountered a weird issue.

When I submitted a job through the Boa website, I am able to get 24.77k output. See the job here http://boa.cs.iastate.edu/boa/?q=boa/job/58487

However, when I submitted the same job using the client API, I get 0 byte output and also get a BoaException. See the job here http://boa.cs.iastate.edu/boa/?q=boa/job/58488

The exception message is

edu.iastate.cs.boa.BoaException: Access denied for user husttroy
at edu.iastate.cs.boa.BoaClient.getOutput(BoaClient.java:679)
at edu.iastate.cs.boa.JobHandle.getOutput(JobHandle.java:243)
at edu.iastate.cs.boa.JobHandle.getOutput(JobHandle.java:204)
at edu.ucla.cs.client.MapleClient.main(MapleClient.java:73)
Caused by: org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcException: Access denied for user husttroy
at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcStreamTransport.readResponse(XmlRpcStreamTransport.java:197)
at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcStreamTransport.sendRequest(XmlRpcStreamTransport.java:156)
at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcHttpTransport.sendRequest(XmlRpcHttpTransport.java:143)
at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcSunHttpTransport.sendRequest(XmlRpcSunHttpTransport.java:69)
at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClientWorker.execute(XmlRpcClientWorker.java:56)
at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:167)
at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:137)
at org.apache.xmlrpc.client.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:126)
at edu.iastate.cs.boa.BoaClient.execute(BoaClient.java:152)
at edu.iastate.cs.boa.BoaClient.execute(BoaClient.java:144)
at edu.iastate.cs.boa.BoaClient.getOutput(BoaClient.java:634)
... 3 more

Attached is the problem I wrote to submit a job and get output. Can you take a look and let me know what goes wrong? Appreciate it!

Tianyi
MyClient.java

Tianyi Zhang

Jul 14, 2017, 7:14:39 PM7/14/17
to Boa Language and Infrastructure User Forum
I just double checked with another Boa script. Here is my observation.

I was able to get some output when I submit the script for the first time. However, I got 0 byte output and also the access denied error when submitting the exact same script for the second time. However, when I modified the script (e.g., adding some empty lines) and resubmit the script, I was able to get some output again.

I guess there is bug in the cache. Theoretically, I should get the same output for the second job. But it seems nothing was cached and therefore I got 0 byte output. And when the output is 0 byte, the access denied error is thrown.