Releasing exported artifacts to Maven

Mark Hoffmann

Oct 28, 2020, 10:19:37 AM10/28/20
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I currently work on a P2 Exporter for bnd. Together with the -export
instruction it already creates a ZIP file for the repository.

I also provided the bsn and version properties to the export instruction
and somehow expected, to be able to release that zip-archive to maven,
using my already provided -groupId and bsn and version attributes, what
seems to be sufficient for Maven GAV's.

Gradle release ended up with a NPE in bnd (see attached stacktrace).

Bnd obviously expects a Manifest in the archive with the provided bundle
information to create the Maven coordinates out of them.

From my point of view, it would be great if the exporter in bnd could
also release the exported artifacts to Maven repository, that maybe are
no OSGi bundle. What do you think?

Mark

--
Mark Hoffmann
M.A. Dipl.-Betriebswirt (FH)

Tel: +49 3641 384 910 0
Mobil: +49 175 701 2201
E-Mail: m.hof...@data-in-motion.biz
Web: www.datainmotion.de

Data In Motion Consulting GmbH
Kahlaische Straße 4
07745 Jena

Geschäftsführer
Mark Hoffmann
Jürgen Albert

Jena HRB 513025
Steuernummer 162/107/05779
USt-Id DE310002614

exporter.txt

Peter Kriens

Oct 28, 2020, 12:50:58 PM10/28/20
to via bndtools-users
> From my point of view, it would be great if the exporter in bnd could also release the exported artifacts to Maven repository, that maybe are no OSGi bundle. What do you think?
Nope. A bundle is at no cost and always useful, even for documenting outside OSGi. I've several command line tools and just use the headers. And since these bundles come from the workspace the overhead is absolutely nil.

Kind regards,

Peter Kriens
> --
> <exporter.txt>

Mark Hoffmann

Oct 28, 2020, 1:11:29 PM10/28/20
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter,

ok, so you suggest to just place a Manifest in the resulting archive instead?!

Maybe this should be mentioned as suggested practise in the bnd documentation.

Regards,
Mark

Mark Hoffmann
M.A. Dipl.-Betriebswirt (FH)
CEO/CTO

Phone: +49 3641 384 910

Data In Motion Consulting GmbH
Kahlaische Strasse 4
07745 Jena
Germany

Geschäftsführer/CEO
Mark Hoffmann
Jürgen Albert

Jena HRB 513025
Steuernummer 162/107/05779
USt-Id DE310002614

Von: Peter Kriens <pkr...@gmail.com>
Datum: 28.10.20 17:50 (GMT+01:00)
An: via bndtools-users <bndtool...@googlegroups.com>
Betreff: Re: Releasing exported artifacts to Maven

Peter Kriens

Oct 28, 2020, 1:14:14 PM10/28/20
to via bndtools-users
Well, you have to work hard in general to _not_ put a manifest it :-) Requires pretty special instructions. It is the self sacrificing immortal goal of a bnd run to get a manifest in a jar at all cost ...

Kind regards,

Peter Kriens