OSGi in a JPMS world

Chris Rankin

Oct 28, 2020, 12:44:34 PM10/28/20
to bndtools-users
Since everyone seems to be in a reflective mood today... :-)

The Java platform has evolved considerably in the last few years. How does anyone envisage OSGi adapting to the new modular Java world? I've seen this article:

And I've noticed that Bnd 5.2.0 adds java.* dependencies to Import-Package headers now. But could OSGi frameworks start leveraging new Java module layers, for example? Or will they and their bundles forever remain restricted to the UNNAMED module?

Just wondering :-),
Cheers,
Chris

BJ Hargrave

Oct 28, 2020, 12:47:13 PM10/28/20
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com

BJ

Peter Kriens

Oct 28, 2020, 12:52:02 PM10/28/20
to via bndtools-users
And already supported by the Launcher since early this year!

Kind regards,

Peter Kriens