Heard about Google Summer of Code 2014?

Shantanu Tushar Jha

Oct 11, 2013, 1:17:15 AM10/11/13
to bms...@googlegroups.com
Hey everyone,

For those who missed it, Google has announced[1] the Summer of Code program for 2014 few days back. If I remember correctly, this is the earliest that the announcement has ever made.

BMSLUG[2][3] has a history of successful GSoC participants and FOSS contributors. For people who are interested in participating for GSoC 2014, now is a good time to get started early. This will give a competitive edge over other students when your proposal is submitted.

If you have any questions or doubts, feel free ask here. And remember, the only stupid question is the one you don't ask ;)

[1] http://googleblog.blogspot.in/2013/10/50-million-lines-of-code-and-counting.html
[2] http://groups.google.com/group/bms-lug/
[3] BMSLUG is *not* associated with any other groups/associations/foobar in BMSCE.

Cheers,

--
Shantanu Tushar    (UTC +0530)
http://www.shantanutushar.com

Shravan S K

Oct 12, 2013, 1:52:54 AM10/12/13
to bms...@googlegroups.com, shan...@kde.org
Nice to hear that !! I am new to Open Source. I want to know how things in open source work exactly. If I get a good hang of it, then I'd love to participate in GSoC 2014.
Please help me out. Thanks in advance :)

Vinay Rao

Oct 12, 2013, 2:56:40 AM10/12/13
to bms...@googlegroups.com