2011 Baltimore Tech Community Strategic Goals

David Troy

Dec 6, 2010, 10:47:43 AM12/6/10
to bmore...@googlegroups.com
Hey everyone,

It occurred to me that as we move into 2011 it might be helpful to start an open discussion about our community's goals for 2011.

Towards that end I'd invite your participation on the TechInBaltimore Google group. Also, to get us started, I prepared this document which anyone can edit: http://bit.ly/gE8LBJ

Its text is contained below. Looking forward to hearing from everyone!

Dave
--

Baltimore Tech-Entrepreneur Community Strategic Goals for 2011

In an effort to continue the growth and development of Baltimore’s technology entrepreneur community, here are some strategic goals that we have identified as important in 2011 (please edit and add to this as necessary):
  • Add new people to the community by designing events, programs, and online forums that draw new people into the community. This can and must include people with day jobs, college students, and people new to the area.
  • Promote and develop new leaders by connecting leaders to resources and mentors and helping to promote new events and initiatives that are relevant to the community.
  • Create new connections by enabling events, ongoing interactions, and spaces that draw members of our and other communities together in ways that have been previously untried. This should include connecting entrepreneurs to experienced mentors and investors.
  • Plan for the future by participating in discussions around the future of workspaces, economic development, and incubation in Baltimore. We have an opportunity to shape the future of business development and growth in Baltimore by participating in a conversation that’s already taking place within government and the private sector – let’s take it.
  • Leverage what we have in the many events and organizations that already exist. We should also create opportunity for regional interaction (DC to NY corridor) to maximize our impact.
  • Make ourselves visible to the public, the media, the government, non-profits, and other centers of power. The tech community should be part of the developing story of Baltimore. We’ve done this but must keep it up.