Etsy Staff interaction

Maggie Ware

Mar 25, 2015, 3:16:14 PM3/25/15
to blugrin-su...@googlegroups.com
The post about Etsy Team Members who are also staff sparked a little research of my own. There is an Etsy "Staff" only team, here is the link: https://www.etsy.com/teams/9/meet-the-etsy-admin/members?sort=update_date&page=1 . I found it through Google.

There are 153 Etsy staff members on the team and each has a profile showing if they have a shop or not. Now, that makes me wonder if we could get together and launch a "convo - email" campaign to raise their (the team members) level of curiosity and or concern when it comes to managing medium to large Etsy shops and along the way gently point out Etsy's benefit in allowing Betsi to remain an app for all to use. Perhaps the communications could be along the lines of managing medium to large shops without the proper tools if Betsi is terminated. Just a thought, what do you and others think?

LiveLongAndProsper

Mar 25, 2015, 4:05:22 PM3/25/15
to blugrin-su...@googlegroups.com
It's not a bad idea, except there's always the fear of having your shop shut down for no good reason.

Trish Moody

Mar 25, 2015, 4:34:00 PM3/25/15
to blugrin-su...@googlegroups.com
Under etsy's rules, the email would be unsolicited and you could be muted/closed down for spamming.

Maggie Ware

Mar 25, 2015, 4:51:29 PM3/25/15
to blugrin-su...@googlegroups.com
Good point, I hadn't viewed it as spam, more of having them educate us about how better to maintain our shop. There must be a way to get their attention without it being viewed as spam. The team charter says they are there to help Etsy members. Some of the individual profile pages I read tell the reader it is ok to contact them with questions about what they do for Etsy.

If we can't get a shoehorn in there, maybe a think scrap of paper with questions?

We just posted another Betsi question in the forum. It reads: Users of the Betsi app, estimate your costs, what will they be? Betsi app users, what will your "time spent" cost be if you have to edit the description of each listing individually to make a change to all your listings? An example; adding a "vacations - delayed shipping notice" to each listing or rewriting your descriptions to better match SEO.

Just trying to keep the interest up!

Maggie Ware

Mar 25, 2015, 4:53:31 PM3/25/15
to blugrin-su...@googlegroups.com
My fingers are flying past my brain: Correction

If we can't get a shoehorn in there, maybe a THIN scrap of paper with questions?

Starlite

Mar 25, 2015, 8:41:00 PM3/25/15
to blugrin-su...@googlegroups.com
Those are "fake" shops - if you click on them they are either EMPTY or have a photo of a cat for over $5,000 or 3 or 4 items for just $1.00
I have not seen an Admin staff member have a "real" shop in all the years I have been on Etsy. Just FYI

LiveLongAndProsper

Mar 25, 2015, 8:42:09 PM3/25/15
to blugrin-su...@googlegroups.com
Starlite, that kind of explains everything.

Maggie Ware

Mar 25, 2015, 11:05:40 PM3/25/15
to blugrin-su...@googlegroups.com
There are many many active shops being run by these staff people. We clicked on 20 and found 11 active shops.

LiveLongAndProsper

Mar 25, 2015, 11:10:03 PM3/25/15
to blugrin-su...@googlegroups.com
So you mean shops that have a LOT of items and daily sales?

Maggie Ware

Mar 25, 2015, 11:58:05 PM3/25/15
to blugrin-su...@googlegroups.com
Yes, we found active shops in the team and active sales. Of course there are "test" shops in there too but lots of those folks put their real shop names in the text of their profiles. So it would look like "test" shops at first glance but after reading a little you'd come across a link to their real shop.

DavidK

Mar 26, 2015, 9:41:38 AM3/26/15
to blugrin-su...@googlegroups.com
I went into their actual shop, looked at the sales, and feedback. Most of them don't count on someone looking that closely. When someone has 14 Etsy logos for sale at $0.25 each, you can be certain it is a test shop. Another dead give-away the phrase Etsy Test Shop in their Shop Announcement. Most are not active sellers.